The 1999 FIDIC Contracts Training Course
On 28th July 2017, CNC successfully conducted a 1 day training course on the introduction and application of the 1999 suit of FIDIC contracts which explains the practical application of the most recognised 1999 suit of FIDIC Contract (i.e. Red Book 1999, Yellow Book 1999, and Silver Book 1999) to a various participants from Petro Vietnam Gas J.S.C, An Tam Construction & Trading Co., Ltd., as well as a number of postgraduates from Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, University of Economics and Law, and Law Department of Ton Duc Thang University.
This training course helps delegates to gain confidence on FIDIC documents. It provides extensive checking measures and work exercises to give all delegates a comprehensive understanding of proper management of these contracts, including:
- Learn the practical use of FIDIC conditions of contracts.
- Understand the steps to be followed prior to signing the contract.
- Apply FIDIC conditions of contracts to manage claims and dispute resolution.
- Understand FIDIC contract related documents.
- Understand the responsibilities of main parties.
- Learn tests on completion and financial procedures.
- Understand several key concepts such as suspension, termination, risk, liability, force majeure, etc.
- Preparation of Particular Contract Conditions.
- Claims Management.
- Dispute Adjudication Procedures.
- Project Management of FIDIC Contracts.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, delegates are able to:
- have a solid understanding of types of FIDIC Contracts
- know contents of a Works Contract
- know where to find what
- be able to identify the external expertise they need
- be able to draft an “Appendix to Tender”
- be able to identify the important clauses of an PC.
This course together with a portfolio of more than 40 separate training workshops which has been conducted within the last 3 years define us not only as an extensively experienced legal services provider but also a successful FIDIC contracts training center in Vietnam with the aim at helping commercial competency of construction professionals such as project managers, civil, engineer, quantity surveyors, legal advisor and contract managers in the international construction contracts.
Please the other courses, please click here.